Friday, January 11, 2008

Randomness for a Friday Afternoon

It's finally Friday. It's been a long week for me...mostly because I can't ever seem to get enough sleep and my head/ears/eyes/nose hurt constantly and that makes working 40 hours incredibly draining and monotonous.

But it's finally Friday. It's Friday AND the weekend ahead of me is relatively laid back. Of course the weekend almost always starts out laid back and then I end up running all over the place doing something for someone or shopping or babysitting. So we will see on Monday if this weekend will provide me with the down time I need for my physical and mental well-being.

Speaking of which, I finished my antibiotics last night and I'm nervous. I still don't really fell better and I am afraid that come Monday morning I will be stricken with the usual symptoms. I am tired of being sick - I want a clear head. What's even more frustrating for me is that this illness I have been dealing with isn't your average illness. It's what I like to call a "functional illness" because, for the most part, I can still complete my everyday activities, those activities just take longer and are more draining than they would be if I were feeling 100%. I have been dealing with this on and off, at varying degrees for YEARS and I probably will be dealing with this for years to come. Woohoo. Envy me.

Anyway, the point of this post is to wish everyone a happy friday. I hope you enjoy it. I know i will.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry, pal. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I wish we could find someone who could diagnose and treat you properly! It just seems like those antibiotics aren't working for you, doesn't it? Well, either way, I hope you get some rest this weekend. If anything, a cozy nap in a dark room to rest your head.