I don't put much stock in Zodiac signs. I'm not really a believer in astrology - but sometimes I check it out just to see how bogus it is. This makes me feel better about myself and my individuality. Sometimes, though, it kind of creeps me out. Like how much of my personality depends on the month I was born? I don't think much of it does, but sometimes these things are pretty darn accurate, even if you consider that they make use of sweeping generalities so as to cover a wider base. Of course there are parts that I really really hope don't apply to me.
like this word: "boisterous." Energetic, eager, and dynamic are also words used to describe an Aries, but boisterous just seems to carry a more negative connotation. It makes me think more along the lines of loud and overbearing than fun and exciting.
Here are excerpts of the somewhat accurate stuff:
"When it comes to getting the ball rolling, an Aries is the best. Pioneering everything from work-related projects to parties with friends, these folks go for the gusto." I like to plan things. I'm a planner. I can be spontaneous and break away from the plan - as long as there is a plan to break away from. I have a hard time approaching things where I don't know what's going to happen.
Friends and Family
"'Activity' is the key word for this sign, and wow, can they ever go! The Aries is on the go constantly. When it comes to Aries' friends, the more variety, the better. It takes a range of different personalities to complete Aries' circle of friends. Quick and easy to get along with, an Aries native makes an incredible amount of connections in a lifetime. "
"Long-term friends are something altogether different, though. Only those who are equally as energetic and able to keep up are apt to make it in the long run."
I don't agree with that last part. I'm pretty good and keeping in touch and staying close with people for the long-term. The first part though - I definitely have a knack for attracting very different types of people. I would have to say "activity" isn't the key for me so much as I have a hard time saying no to things.
"Independent and ambitious....A direct and forthright approach can be expected almost always, and when a sentiment is expressed, it's bound to be sincere. "
I'd like to think these traits apply to me. My mom tells me I'm too honest. But it's always coming from a good place.
Aries Tidbits
Health
Each sign has a part of the anatomy attached to it, making this the area of the body that is most sensitive to stimulation. The anatomical areas for Aries are the head, face, brain, and upper teeth.
Seriously. That's just eerie when you think of it in terms of my sinuses, which most often cause pain in my head, face and upper teeth.
The Perfect Gift
A sporty car, metal jewelry, a nice steak, high-tech gadgets
None of those things apply to me. haha.
Famous Aries
Russell Crowe, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, Mariah Carey
I really don't like any of those people.
Best travel destinations
England, France, Italy (especially Naples and Florence)
That's pretty much my top three places to visit, only Italy comes second and France comes third.
Strengths
Courage, determination, self-confidence, enthusiasm
Weaknesses
Impatience, silly arguments, allowing fear to limit choices
Those strengths and weaknesses are interesting. I get into silly arguments a lot because I am stubborn. I have a severe lack of patience for many situations and I will certainly let doubt and fear limit my choices. I wouldn't call myself courageous nor am I exceptionally self-confident. I kind of don't like that all the weaknesses apply to me but the strengths need work. haha.
Okay, so there you have it. In honor of my birthday and being an Aries. Not that this will inspire me to make changes in my life or go talk to an astrologer - I base my decisions off of something and someone much more reliable and trustworthy. But it's interesting to me all the same.
1 comment:
Yes, I remember in high school being in charge of horoscopes. I made them all up. I hoped that no one really took those seriously... But still fun to look at.
Post a Comment