Friday, June 13, 2008

...

I kinda want to write a book. I've always toyed with the idea of a fun children's book because it would be fun to do some illustrations as well. I'm fairly decent in the writing arena - with some help in the editing department. I'm not saying I'm great, but would that not just be kind of cool? You could say things like, "Yeah. I'm writing a book." or "When I was writing MY book." Both things sound incredibly snotty, but I kinda don't care...at least I wouldn't care if I did indeed write a book.

My great problem: No story. I can't think of something unique or original enough. Someday though...just you wait. I'll have an "aha!" moment and I will write it down instead of forgetting it and I will follow through.

For those of you who have experienced my "aha!" moments in terms of poetic genius and or short, completely false stories about how I met my friends, then you know just what to expect.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

I would just like to say high five. Its hard to start writing but once you get started its awesome to actually see your ideas written down. Why "when i was writing MY book" haha... jk. But anywhos, good luck!

Drew said...

It is fun to write and have written a book. Then you can say, in a casual, off-hand sort of way, "Well, when I was writing my book..." and people are like... "Wha? You have written a book? Do tell!" Interesting conversation piece. But use it carefully. It would be (and it was) fun to illustrate too. Good luck with it!