Tuesday, July 8, 2008

i just have to say...i love my camera

"who else strikes iron?" I know I asked the question, but Miri repeated it and I googled it. I don't remember the answer, but google had plenty to tell me.

I'm thinking of starting another blog but it would be dedicated solely to photos. I take a lot of photos and will soon be scanning in all our old family photos. I obviously wouldn't be putting up every photo available (I took 247 just in the three hours we spent at my Grandmother's on the 4th and I have about 8 albums to scan) but there are some gems in those albums that might be fun to share via the internets. Plus I want to buy a fancy camera and start taking photos again. I've been experimenting with the different settings on my "precious" (which is what I just improtu-ish named my camera that I love more than some things that are actually living) and getting some good photos of the kids that I am in love with. I wonder what I could do with that Canon I was coveting a couple of months ago. I've also been carrying my camera with me everywhere and actually taking pictures of things when the thought comes into my head to take a picture. like this lone balloon stuck in a field on the fourth of july with no one to party with.


of course i used zoom and didn't go save the balloon because i dislike balloons, but the picture is fun. the more i look at it, the more i like the colors...and the fact that i took it with my practically point and click amazing canon. it's like a camera that shoots awesomeness and times' it by ten!


More proof...although mother nature was 99.9% responsible for this beauty...



Seriously. That's just what the sky looked like. Christy and I were in the pool and I got out and ran and got my camera (which I have been keeping in my purse for such moments) and took like six of these photos. You can see the sun rays! I love it.

And then there's the newly discovered fireworks setting...



Which I intend to use with some sparklers later this week.
Not to mention the kids and pets setting....



That one is a little dark, but the turtle was moving toward me faster than one would expect and there was like a gagillion dogs around and very close to licking my face...of which I am not a fan.


Please don't think I'm posting all these to say, look how great I am at taking pictures, because I am not. I'm posting these to say, I really do own the greatest camera, and everyone should invest in one because anyone can get great photos with it and I forgot how much I love taking pictures and how happy it makes me to see fun photos of things and experiences that I enjoyed. Also, I love the subjects that surround me...how could I not constantly take pictures with subjects like these?






2 comments:

Miri said...

lindsey you are AMAZING. those pictures are incredible, particularly the first two. so. wonderful.

CORYNN AND JER said...

Wow. Totally rad pics. Love the one of the temple with Jacob stretching!