I haven't done one of these for a while.
This weekend I went to see Mamma Mia! with my mom, my aunt and my sister. We were sitting and waiting for the movie to start and I turned to my mom and said, "I honestly cannot remember the last time I went to a movie with you." She told me that's because she hasn't been to a movie theater in years. YEARS people. YEARS! Granted, my mom is not really into movies and music and such, but still. years.

So thus ended her streak. With Mamma Mia!, which was funny for reasons other than it being a comedy...which it isn't. We liked it though for being so silly and slightly embarassing (men in short shorts and Meryl Streep dancing provocatively...also Pierce Brosnan singing). I think the best way to describe it is that it was filmed like a stage production - Hairspray was filmed like a movie, Grease was filmed like a movie. Mamma Mia! still felt more like a broadway show than a movie. It was fun that way though. Obviously this isn't the best movie ever made and I wouldn't pay full price, but it was fun and I'm glad I went with my mom, aunt and sister because that made it more fun.
Also, I really like Amanda Seyfried's voice (she plays Sophie) and I did buy the soundtrack for that reason.
This picture is for Lauren. "dot, dot, dot!"And Colbert just said this: "Batman may have won the box office, but Mamma Mia won my heart." I'm not saying Mamma Mia is better than Batman, that's just a funny statement and further evidence of Colbert's funniness.
No comments:
Post a Comment