Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Future Wedding Ideas - Yeah, I know, I'm crazy.

Okay. This is probably the lamest/nerdiest post I will ever write. It's wedding centric. The lame part comes in the fact that I am not even dating anyone, but I care very little about that fact. I just like wedding stuff (I stumbled upon Brooklyn Bride and have become slightly addicted). I blame it all on my creative side - I love the endless options for color/cards/dresses/shoes/gifts, etc.

Also, I was at Emily's house on Friday and started talking weddings with her and her mom - they have idea books (as well as photos from her's sisters weddings) and it got me wanting to put things I've seen that I like in one place. So here's a post with those things.

I've always wanted daisies at my wedding. That hasn't changed since I first thought of it as a little girl.

My color scheme has changed a lot over the years, but I always go back to wanting to include a little yellow to pick up the accent from the daisy. Now, I know there are tons of daisies out there, and my mind may change on this, but I tend to prefer the simple good ol' regular daisy. My mom also had daisies in her wedding so I like the idea of having that in common with her. There is the option of a white Gerbera daisy with a black center should I get married in the winter or fall then I can cut out the yellow and focus on black/white/green combination.

So I went from blue/yellow, pink/yellow, pink/yellow/green, blue/brown, black, yellow/white/black and finally green/yellow/black (and obviously some white).

This is the deciding factor in color for me:

That's right. Limes. It makes sense if you know me and my love for lime in my water. Also - it would add a splash of bright, happy color without going overboard. I like the idea of being able to use a lot of greenery and having that take care of a lot of the color for my wedding.

I like the bird cage for cards and such. I've seen this idea lots before, but I've wanted one, it can be used again, and I love that this one is green. Also, classy colored cutlery and some more yellow and green flowers.

Then there's these rings. You can have your finger print engraved. That's just cool.

And paper lanterns. Green and maybe some black and/or white. Paper Lantern Store.

Now there's cake. I don't really like cake, although I'm inclined to find someone who can make me a delicious pistachio cake with strawberries. That would make my day perfect. I would love to have cake stands all over the place, maybe as center pieces with the limes on them somehow? I would either pick a lime green or go all black and then have my wedding cake and the grooms cake on white ones. I like the idea of a small wedding cake and a small grooms cake and then just getting a sheet cake for the masses. I don't like cake, I don't want to eat more than what tradition requires.

The cake on the upper right corner is more of an idea of how I would want the cakes to look with a black ribbon and flowers matching whatever I have in the bouquets.

Of course, I already know where I will be married. The Washington DC Temple.

I would just need to find a place to have the reception.

I would love polaroids and/or a photobooth. This is very much in line with my tastes and personality. It would be fun to get the candid photos. I LOVE the idea of a polaroid cake topper.

And this is a fun save the date idea.
I also like the idea of a gallery wall of sorts to display our photos instead of the slide show/video/poster formats. Inexpensive frames can be found at wal-mart or ikea and then I can fill them with childhood photos and photos of us as a couple.

Whichever I decide to use will make an appearance in the form of our engagement photos as well. I'm leaning more toward the polaroids at the moment, mostly because I love the look, but the gallery wall idea would be cheaper. Any of the photo themes would be very much in line with my personality so we'll just have to see how Mr. Right feels about it...and also Mr. Pocketbook, who, let's face it, will have a heck of a lot more say then me or Mr. Right.

Speaking of invites/announcements. I love these.

I love the yellow RSVP envelope and I love how it's simple and elegant but still fun and you know I love the run-on, uncapitalized sentence "aregoingtothetemple & they'regonnagetmarried." It even says temple. Makes me wonder if it's a Mormon wedding.

I'm going to wear my mom's veil (as long as we can still find it) which is really long and spanish lacy. I love the idea of saving the veil - because a veil will fit anyone who wants to wear it. I'm also a sucker for traditions/passing things down it's just that much more meaningful.

There might be some adjustments made but I love that veil. It's just gorgeous. (catch a look at the flowers - daisies and roses, my bouquet would have the daisies and lots more green)

Of course, there will be fascinators. Perhaps I'll wear my mother's veil for a portion and then switch to a fascinator for dining/dancing/mingling? Perhaps I'll make my bridesmaids wear them. However it works out, they will be tasteful and fun.

Now on to dresses. I like simple dresses. No beads, no frills, just simple and neat.

Obviously my dress will have sleeves, but these pictures give you an idea of the style and shape I tend to like.

Buttons are fun as long as they are decoration to hide a zipper. I don't want to spend 8 hours trying to get in and out of my dress.
Most of those are JCrew. I won't be spending nearly that much, but I love the simple style and the clean lines and the pockets. Seriously. Why doesn't every wedding dress have pockets? I'll have to keep in mind matching my dress to the veil and I don't hate the idea of a dress with coordinating laciness, but for the most part, I really like simple simple dresses.

I also really like this bag. Except I can't remember where I found it. Oh wait. It was on Amazon. I remember adding this and it's matching pieces to my wish list. They have some small zipper make-up bags that would make cute bridesmaids gifts.

I like the idea of chunky, funky jewelry like so:
But I would need a different style for myself. Maybe something along those lines for my bridesmaids? Who knows. I like the idea of making the jewelry as part of the wedding gifts, but who knows if I'll have the time, energy or desire to do so when the time comes? Chances are I'm crazy enough to do it. Again, it's just a little more meaningful and I want everyone to match/coordinate. It's part of my endearing OCDness that you all love about me.

And then Bridesmaids dresses. I love the look of this photo with the black and yellow:

The dresses I pick out will have more coverage (since the majority of my bridesmaids have already gotten married) but I want them all black and probably all the same. The color will come in with the flowers and a sash or fascinator. Again, something simple but fun. And, with black dresses you have some wiggle room regarding the time of year you are married. These colors should translate well in any season - the flowers and such might have to change, but I can be flexible.

So there ya go. Random wedding ideas from my head to the internets. Who knows how much of this will change by the time I actually get married, although I think my only factors of change will be cost and the opinion of Mr. Right (should he feel the need to voice one). I really do prefer things simple and the most important thing for me is to get a really good photographer - as you all know, I'm a photo freak and I don't want to regret not getting good pictures.

Anyway, for anyone who actually got this far in this post, I give you 10 cool points.

7 comments:

laurenthequeen said...

I want you to know that I read the WHOLE thing. Hug kiss.

Amy said...

Same here, and I loved it ALL! Can't wait for the big day. :) Green is such a happy color.

Miri said...

Cool points for me! I love it all, and I had a lot of fun reading it. I especially love the gallery wall and polaroids, those are fantastic ideas.

Herry and Jayley said...

I LOVE the idea of black/white/green. TRES FABULOUS! And black might not be that great for outdoor photos in the summer time here, but that's only if you get married in the summer, and I really see you as a spring/fall kinda chica. Love you tons.

Herry and Jayley said...

I LOVE the idea of black/white/green. TRES FABULOUS! And black might not be that great for outdoor photos in the summer time here, but that's only if you get married in the summer, and I really see you as a spring/fall kinda chica. Love you tons.

lisa said...

YOu know I read the whole thing. I love the limes. I love all of it because it is so much of you put in. that is waht a wedding party should be...a way to show on the outside the happiness you are feeling on the inside. You are so smart to gather ideas as you find them or as they find you.lol
I have been waiting for this post forever. I lost my mind this week and didn't check often enough.Got emmy gone and had a new gradson! yikes I must be getting old.

Christy Franklin said...

im cool.. 10 points for me!

i love the black and yellow. also think its not a crime to have 4 colours... white black yellow and green would be awesome. DO IT!