We went to my brothers house to celebrate K and Hailey's birthdays. Caleb turned 8 recently and the princess will be 3 on Friday. The princess was wearing an adorable dress that matches a dress for her American Girl doll (Lindsey Jr.). I think my sister-in-law found it at Ross.
I gave the kids their gifts I picked up for them from Cape Cod as soon as we got there. The younger ones got Webkins and Noah got a shirt. The shirt is a Men's Medium. He put it on and said, "See? It fits perfect!" It was down to his knees. This is the fashion sense of an 11-year-old boy.
A little later K and Hails opened their birthday gifts. K got more Webkins and Hailey got new stuff for her bunnies (Calico Corners animal doll house stuff). I made her doll a tutu and gave her an Amelia Bedelia book (Amy - get Boo an Amelia Bedelia book - she will love it).
We ate some yummy dinner then played for a little while and had some cake. I love playing with these kids. They are all so different and they love spending time together. Everyone wanted to help feed jBug or play with him or hold him. Monkey is always happy playing there because he loves his older cousins who are always happy to stop what they are doing and play with him. Plus, Hailey and I get to do silly girlie stuff like play dress ups or dolls or just lay around laughing and giggling at silly things.
So then there was cake. Ice cream cake and regular cake. The kids "dug" right in. With their mouths. It was fun and they are old enough not to make a huge mess. Monkey didn't know what to think of it and was very neat while eating with no utensils. They thought it was funny that they had icing all over their faces and noses.
So it was a fun afternoon with the kiddos.
Oh...and that photo of all of them was pure luck. Noah, Caleb and Josh are all old enough now to behave and smile for just long enough to get a photo. Or I should say if you give Bug to Caleb then K will smile willingly. Once we got Monkey on Noah's lap then Noah was making Monkey smile. The first photo with just the boys had Hailey over to the side pouting to hold Bug. Then I just put her in front of the boys and clicked real quick. The luck came in when I realized no one had blinked or turned their head or made a face. Really I just click and click and click and hope that at least one of the photos will be a good one. And there's a lot of "look over here!" "smile!" "Monkey come sit here!" "look at the camera!" along with various other noises.
No comments:
Post a Comment