Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What I've been up to

So a funny thing happens when you decide to move across the country in only two weeks. Suddenly you become horrendously busy. Even my down time is filled with activity of some sort and there are lists. Oh my are there lists. Some of them are just in my head and others are really just part of a giant packing master list.

So Friday was spent working and figuring out how I was going to get to Utah. That part is done now. Megan is coming (huzzah!!) to drive with me and it will be what we are now calling the "Nerdiest Road trip in History!" (NRH?). Although now that I think of it, there probably have been nerdier road trips, but ours will have play lists and crocheting and GRE word lists! Party!

I think I started packing Friday night then Saturday I picked up a few things from Wal-Mart and went to chillax with the kiddos. Here are a few highlights:

A tea party lunch with grilled cheese and tomato soup.




After all that fun I came home and...yep, you guessed it, packed. I have a lot of bins full of junk. Clothes and knick knacks and linens and crafts and anything else a person accumulates through life. Luckily, when I moved from Utah I got rid of a lot of stuff. Turns out moving is very good for de-junking and inventory. I've got five bags of trash just from the last four days. You should all take a moment and be proud of me.



Okay. Sunday I spent the morning cuddling with my Bug and realizing I was spending my last Sunday at my home ward (conference is next week and then I'm gone). So that was a bit sad. I've really enjoyed being at Calvert and will miss a lot of the friends I've made.


So then I came home and did laundry and finished a tutu for a friend (which I forgot to take a picture of. darn.) and made a blanket and pillow for Monkey. He needed something more appropriate for a big boy. He liked it a lot...more importantly, Elmo approved. That is what it's all about, right?
So then I did lots more packing and de-junking. I scanned old photos so I could leave them behind and organized old letters and cards. I emptied four bins of things and re-packed them with something else, threw things away or put them in a pile for Lauren to sift through. Tonight I will be packing clothes into suitcases and sorting shoes. That's right, I have to leave some behind. So sad. I guess there's always a casualty or two.

So as of right now, as I sit and type this, here is what my room looks like. I'm amazed I'm getting any sleep.



No comments: