Thursday, June 19, 2008

can't miss

Mike, Miri's husband, wrote a post about swords. You should read the post for context and go vote for your favorite sword as he is taking a poll. I didn't grasp before why he was taking a poll so I commented and asked...in the longest, most drawn out comment possible. I am sharing it now because I think it's funny and I don't want to lose it in the world of forgotten comments. Plus, I think I'm on to something here story-wise. haha.

also, i'm curious to know what the sword is for...it could effect my voting since they are all somewhat time/region specific choices. A pirate walking around with a medieval sword, for instance, would be a little odd. unless it was a story about a pirate in king arthur's court...which i don't think has been done. how about pirates AND ninja's in king arthur's court!? then you could use the medieval, the katana, the cutlass AND even the scimitar because every good pirate ship has a guy with a scimitar and long flowy robes. The rapier could be thrown in there as well...since the Dread Pirate Roberts was, well, a pirate. THEN, once their differences were settled, they could all go to Tucanos for dinner where they could write up a peace treaty while dining on chicken served on a CHICKEN SWORD! and if you were feeling like adding more of a modern feel to it - you could throw in a scene where someone gets their butt kicked by a guy with a towel ala Jason Bourne. Just for a little flair, ya know? You don't want to bore people.

No comments: