Thursday, June 19, 2008

Now Featuring....snippets

There were a lot of little things that made me happy this week. Here's a list:

1. A friend of mine has a popcorn machine and the popcorn to pop with butter. She volunteered to bring it to the Movie Night I am planning for the YSAs this Saturday. I am so much more excited about this than I probably should be. It means, however, that I do not have to pop enough individual bags of popcorn to feed 40 or 50 people, acquire several air poppers and ask people to man them OR (this is the best part) use the money from our meager budget to pay for enough popcorn to feed 40 or 50 people!

2. Last night I went out with my sissie, who is amazing. We visited my grandmother and took Bug with us. He was so happy and giggly while we were there and Grandmother loved it. Grandad even held jBug for a couple of minutes (Grandad always waits for the kids to be older before holding them).

3. This morning, Monkey was telling me about their trip to the pet store. Here was our conversation (which he began without any prompting from me):
M: I saw a catfish at the meow-meow store. (note, I only knew he meant the pet store because Lauren told me last night that they were looking at a really cute kitten at PetCo)
Me: You did?! That's great! What else did you see at the meow-meow store?
M: I saw a bird!
Me: Really? What else?
M: A lizard. He was walking in the lizard park.
Me: Wow! What color was the lizard?
M: Blue.
Me: Okay.

4. I got a letter from Maya which she wrote on her way back to Fiji. We had a fun time catching up for the few hours we could see each other. I'm glad we made it work and found that time. I miss her!

5. My sister and brother-in-law, Lauren and Wil. They completely support me in everything I do. If I were to go to them and say, "I'm going to quit my job and move to Iceland to become a glass blower," they would totally go with it. Luckily, I'm not going to do any of the above things, but I have said things to them like unto that and they just support me. Lauren encourages me and reassures me and listens to my troubles and Wil lets us have our sister time and helps me out whenever I need it. He says, "We're family. That's what you do." I love how he just instantly accepted all of us as his new family. I think he started calling Mom and Dad "Mom" and "Dad" the day he proposed to Lauren. So, anyway, the things they do for me just generally make me happy all the time.

Alright. There's my list of things that made me happy this week. Of course it still involved some nephew stories, but my blog wouldn't be my blog without a post (or 50) telling you all how adorable my nephews and niece are.

1 comment:

Heidi Totten said...

I will visit you in Iceland. And I agree - Lizzie is one of those people that is just supportive 100% even when (especially when) she thinks you are off your rocker. My favorite Lizzie line ever was, "Which way do you want me to convince you to act on this?"

Mmmm, Popcorn.