week's Now Featuring... is going to have to go to another nephew of mine. It shouldn't surprise you that a lot of these posts will have to do with the kiddos, they just make me happy a lot.This one is for Joshie...or from Joshie I suppose. He's not a "Josh" or a "Joshua," he's a Joshie. He's sweet, but not too sweet. He's right there between stages when he wants to be rough and tumble with the boys but doesn't mind playing dolls with his little sister. It's a good combination I think. He "hates" having his picture taken. Not like Noah...who actually really doesn't like having his picture taken. Joshie secretly loves it. He loves when I try to take his picture and he tries to ruin it for me. He laughs and smiles and always wants to see it when he's put his hand in front of his face at just the right moment, but sometimes I get incredibly cute photos of him. Not to mention, his laugh and his smile are great.
But this week, while we were exiting the auditorium after Noah's graduation, Joshie reached out and grabbed my hand to hold. He was already holding Gordy's hand and apparently just felt like holding mine as well. This (or any) outward showing of affection, my friends, is a rare occasion with my three oldest nephews. I've turned goodbye kisses and hugs into a game which usually involves tickles and chases. So this impromptu hand holding just made me feel extra loved. I even whispered "he's holding my hand!" to Gordy as we were walking. haha. I'm a nerd.
So there you go. Stay tuned for this week's Now Featuring... which I'm sure will be a good one when it happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment