When I was in Utah in March for Miri's wedding, I went out to dinner with Curt. Curt is one of those people who is totally content and not weirded out by going out to eat or to the movies alone. He goes and looks for new, fun places to eat. That's how we found "our place"(Ultimate Broiler and Grill - delish Greek food) a few summers ago. He texted me a while back and said he found a fancy new place to go to when I came to visit so we went HERE. Pizzeria 712. It is hidden in that new complex on State street in Orem, one of the only things open there when we were there in March. But it was SO GOOD.
It's small and cozy, but posh. Something you would expect from NYC. The chefs and the oven are clearly visible behind the bar and there are as many tables as possible squished into the space. Curt loved the bathroom. haha. He made me go into the ladies room before we left even though I didn't really need to just to see the design. It was really nice. It reminded me a lot of Paris. They brought out small glasses with carafes of water. The pizza was amazing. Simple and yummy. We had what amounted to a meat lovers - only the meat was prosciutto and something else I can't remember how to spell. If you live in Utah (or are ever in Orem) - go to Pizzeria 712. It's a fun atmosphere with delicious food. (check out the menus - and the times. Nothing more than $12)
My next favorite pizza place is California Pizza Kitchen, but not because of the pizza. Although the pizza there is very good (it doesn't compare with the above mentioned pizza) my heart belongs to the Thai Crunch Salad (half size, with avocado) with a Hummus appetizer. It's good every time. I love all the crunchy bits in the salad. Thai crunchy noodles, peanuts, and those weird white crunchy things. And it has edamame. So. Freaking. Good.
So now that I've made myself incredibly hungry so these specific foods. I'm going to go pretend it's not only 10:30 in the morning and try to make it to lunch time when I will probably be feasting on the tres chic Way of the Sub.
2 comments:
Oh! I've heard of that pizza place. They were on a morning show a few weeks ago. Apparently, they only buy Utah products and they try to be sure that everything is "in season" so you get the most authentic, healthy and economical meal you possibly can w/o sacrificing taste. I'm trying to remember where the 712 came from...it was maybe the temp of the ovens? I'll have to try that place sometime.
Forget the coupon! Let's go to CPK tonight.
Post a Comment