Monday, June 2, 2008

Steve and Steph got married

I don't know who Steve and Steph are, but they got married Friday night at Herrington Harbor and they had THE coolest wedding EVER.

I didn't go to their wedding because, as I mentioned above, I don't know Steve and Steph, but I did get to witness their wedding FIREWORKS from the comfort of my car, Bullet, in the company of my sister, Lauren.

As we sat at a stop sign and watched in amazement, I remarked that I usually don't really care for fireworks...but they were so early this year! And Lauren pointed out that they were RIGHT THERE! We had the best view and we were so close and they were good fire works. Although there were no heart shapes. That would have upped the cheese factor on the wedding fireworks, but they were WEDDING fireworks - why no sappy, lovey-dovey hearts? Oh well.

Finally, we tried to imagine what music was playing while Steve and Steph watched their wedding being commemorated by colorful, loud bombs (which were also being watched by locals smoking cigarettes and drinking beer on their front porches, btw) in the sky and concluded that only a cheesy 80s love ballad would do. Only we couldn't choose which one - nothing seemed to be perfect enough. I called Megan because Lauren was certain she would have the answer, but alas, Megan was working. Boo. We settled on "Don't Stop Believing" but I still don't think that one is perfect enough. This is where you come in. Please comment with suggestions. Remember, 80s love ballad to go with wedding fireworks...only the cheesiest will do.

P.S. It bugs me that a guy named Steve and a girl named Steph got married. Her name is the female version of his name and vice versa. It's just kind of odd to me.

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

My favorite 80's love song is "Tender Roni" by Bobby Brown. I'm laughing as I type this. There is no song on the planet I have listened to more thanks to Brian Gilliam.

Amy said...

How about "Lost in your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson? It goes perfectly w/ the fireworks!

"I get lost, in your eyes
And I feel my spirits rise
And soar like the wind
Is it love that I am in?

I don't mind
Not knowing what I'm headed for
You can take me to the skies
It's like being lost in heaven
When I'm lost in your eyes.."

Krilafis said...

I think either the song that made Dirty Dancing awesome..I've had the time of my life...or anything from Air Supply. Like "Lost in love" or something like that.

I am pretty sure both of those will be played as my dream wedding fireworks go off and we dance by the water at the boat house in Central Park.

laurenthequeen said...

I was thinking about this again today. The Scorpions "Winds of Change" would go great with the fireworks but not really a love song...

And they were awesome fireworks. Anything else this summer will pale in comparison.

Lin said...

wow. such a response. although the lyrics to Lost in Your Eyes are so perfect, I think Amy is the winner. At least from my point of view.

Eternal Flame by the Bangles would have been sweet...for cheese factor alone. I might have to do a post so we can hear these choices....