Thursday, July 31, 2008

fashion - update!

I posted this photo on the new blog:


That would be my Grandad, Grandmother and her twin sister, Marion, and my uncle Paul (Grandad's brother). First of all...look how tiny they were (the twins)! No one in that family really got any tall genes, but since they were twins, they were always tiny - they even went to school later because of their size and that's how my Grandmother and Grandad ended up in the same class where they would meet when they were 18 and 15 years old.

But this is about the clothes. I don't know what they were doing, but they all look so nice. Clean shaven, crisp lines, there's even a nice breeze blowing. Sometimes I wish they still made clothes like this. The heels are sturdy, but amazing. Gram is wearing an awesome hat and the skirts are knee length! That may have had something to do with the fact they are both only 5 feet tall (at the most) but who cares.

**Update. This was my grandparent's wedding day and they are on the family farm in PA. Aunt Marion was the maid of honor and Uncle Paul was the best man. I've previously written about certain stories around their wedding (they honeymooned in Eerie, PA and then Grandad went back to VA to finish up his service in the Navy). I really don't know why I love this picture so much, but I do.

2 comments:

Megs said...

No worries, Lin. This style will surely come back again. Everything does.

Amy said...

I sure hope it comes back. I just love it! I can't imagine getting dressed up to go anywhere, let alone "to town" to go grocery shopping!