i'm going to a Breaking Dawn release party tonight from 9:30 to Midnight. It's at Borders and I am a completely and utterly loyal B&N supporter, but my friends are going with Borders so there you have that.
i'm even planning on throwing together a totally awesome Team Edward home made jersey between my brother's birthday dinner and the party. i just need some iron on letters and some ribbon.
my only dilemma is how to get the book. i preordered on amazon, but it has not started to ship yet (i'll probably get that on monday) and i would really like to join in on the fun and start reading the book tonight...not to mention use my free weekend hours to finish reading before work on monday morning. so i tried reserving it at borders and have yet to hear from them. we shall see what happens. i may end up with an extra copy which i would be happy to donate to anyone who would like it (just leave a comment, homies).
this will be my first time really doing anything like this. i never went to any HP parties or the Eclipse party - and i wasn't cool enough (ie was living in maryland) when my friends drove to the Eclipse Prom and danced the night away. so here's to being nerdy. and tired. because i'm sure this will only add to my current sleep deficit.
3 comments:
Oooh, I'd love a copy! I wasn't planning on purchasing one right away, so I don't have one pre-ordered or anything! Looking forward to reading it. I regret now not ever going to an HP party, too. I'm glad you're taking advantage.
I don't know if it's nerdy or just creepy, but the BYU bookstore is hosting a blood drive at their BD party.
I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous. I really enjoyed the release party last year. Don't say anything about anything though - I'm going to steal a copy from someone here and read it on the plane I think. Sigh.
Post a Comment