Indeed.
Monkey calls Santa "The Hoho." I told Lauren that it sounds slightly inappropriate. Megan says it makes her think of a snack cake delivering presents. Both provide lovely mental images.
Yesterday we got to talk on Skype (best invention ever) so I got to stare at how beautiful Bug is (and how much he's changed in just twoish weeks - the difference is amazing when you don't see them everyday!) and I got to sit and talk to Monkey. Talking to Monkey basically means I just watch him do his thing and listen to whatever he feels like sharing. Sometimes that means nonsense words, sometimes I get a song. Yesterday I got both of those and I got to watch him writing. He wrote my name and said "This is your name, Zizi and you're a famous mom and you're a mom." I have no idea what that really means, but I loved it. I think he also told me at one point he was pretending to be a doctor. I'm guessing he was thinking in terms of writing notes in a folder or on a prescription pad as I'm sure he's seen the doctor do both. He started asking me questions at one point too which was, of course, adorable.
It's amazing how much they've both changed. This is for Lauren's sake that I'm writing this as she sees the boys everyday, but they are different. There were words Monkey was pronouncing much clearer and I even heard a distinct "S" during the alphabet song. Bug's face just looked different. He really is a handsome boy. They both are.
Anyway, I thought I'd share some of that. I miss those boys and my sissie and Wil. Not to mention my mom. Mom and I also had a good talk on the phone Saturday morning that made me stop and appreciate the fact that Mom, Lauren and I truly are more than just family, we're friends. It's an amazing blessing and makes all of this easier and more difficult all at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment