Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Confessions

It's about time I posted some more confessions. So here we go.

  • I love that my nephews walk around singing random Christmas songs. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." That Elf is a genius, because listening to Monkey randomly blurt out, "There's no place like home for the holidays!!" and JD singing "It feels like Chriiiiistmasss!!" makes me so darn cheerful. I can't get enough.
  • The other night we laid underneath the Christmas tree and read Christmas books and I'm hoping the boys will settle enough to do this again on Christmas Eve. With new Jim Jams, snuggled up with new Christmas books....I've got my fingers crossed.
  • I started another round of steroids today - I have had this fluid in my ears since September causing random dizziness, then ear infections and sinus infections - not to mention my yearly case of bronchitis with a side of pneumonia - and since, more often than not, there's just fluid and no infection, the doctor puts me on prednazone - which can make me a crazy person. I don't sleep, I get reflux, I get super jumpy and moody, etc. I hate that I have to go through all that on Christmas, but I also hate being sick and coughing all the time (I have gone through almost ten bags of cough drops since Thanksgiving - big bags). My inhaler works about half the time, but I have high hopes that this last round of antibiotics and steroids will clear everything up and I can get healthy again.
  • Lauren is getting super close to having Finn and I am so excited. Babies are exciting and I can't wait to cuddle him and smell his sweet baby smell and see how the boys take to him because I know they will be head over heels, even if they pretend not to be.

Okay. That's it for now. Due to my crazy schedule and the aforementioned drugs, I needed to go to bed two hours ago.

No comments: