Sunday, April 29, 2012

Moving Day

I moved yesterday.  Obviously, it's not a huge move as I can go see the boys and my sister any time I want, but it is a huge change, especially for the boys.  I've been living in the same house as the boys since my Monkey was 1 (he's 6 now!) and have only lived away from JD for 3 months of his life.  That's a lot of time.  A lot of time that I am so grateful I was able to spend - but a lot of time to get REALLY attached.  They both told me not to go. JD thought I was moving downstairs and said, "but how will I get my Zizi cuddles when I need them?" Then I had to tell him all over again that I was moving to Grandma's house and that he could call me any time he wanted.  Monkey wouldn't stop hugging me (because when he stopped I'd have to leave) and JD refused to hug me (because if he didn't hug me, I couldn't leave).  Smart boys.


Of course we will all adjust, but I'm sad that we have to adjust. Or maybe I wish I had a better reason for this adjustment.  I really am not sure what to do with myself now.  I guess I'll start a count down to the end of June when they come to spend the summer at Grandma's house.

No comments: