Sunday, June 10, 2012

"I am navigating the tides of fate without an ethical rudder and I have interior motives"

I should be sleeping and trying to rest before a very long day at the airport tomorrow, but I'm waiting for the last of my photos to download - so blogging it is!

I just spent the last week hanging out with Mike and Jamie and their adorable baby boy in California.  I am so very lucky to have such awesome friends.  Well, first things first, Baby Z is probably the most easy going and smiley baby I have ever been around.  We were going non-stop pretty much all week and Baby Z was right there with us.  A quick list (and hopefully pictures and details later) includes seeing local sights around Sunnyvale and San Jose (art festival and the Tech Museum), a day in Santa Cruz (including my first time putting my feet in the Pacific and seeing California Sea Lions), a trip to Incline Village, NV and doing fun things around Lake Tahoe, Jamie and Z's first Ren Fair (with "hardcore jousting action!"), my first trip to the driving range (I can totally hit a golf ball!! I was not aware of this hidden talent!), catching up with Jeffy and spending the day in San Francisco.  This trip was filled with lots of firsts for all of us - all I expect of a vacation is to have new adventures and I think we were very successful.  Of course we also got to spend a day at the lake and relax and Jamie and I had a whole lot of time to catch up with each other.

Mostly, an unforeseen outcome, is that I'm going home with somewhat of a game plan.  Jamie really helped me feel better about a lot of things going on right now (in a way only best friends can) and I have a big list of things to do when I get home that will hopefully lead me to what I need to do so I can save money and go visit all my other besties.

Well, there you have it. Next post: pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained. Core spun Melange